Below are a few of the most vulnerable people who need relief:
- Prioritize the immediate release of the elderly and medically vulnerable, including individuals who are pregnant or who have asthma, chronic illness, lung disease, or heart disease.
- Release anyone who is within 18 months of his/her release date.
- Urge a hold to all new state prison sentences for anyone who is currently not detained.
- Release all people held on probation and parole technical violation detainers or sentences. Ensure no new jail or prison sentences based on technical violations.
- Ensure that all people released from prison have a transition plan that includes seamless access to medical care and health-related services.
- Ask parole boards to release all individuals who are currently on parole and develop an emergency process that can expedite parole hearings.
- Create a framework that facilitates the expedient release of as many incarcerated individuals as possible.